I do not get the Java sharing app
From Avacast Support
I do not get the Java sharing app.
When you start screen sharing, the Avacaster system attempts to download the Java sharing applet to the desktop of your computer. If you do not get the Java sharing applet, please check the following:
Check Java is installed
You must have Java installed to run the Java sharing applet. Make sure you have Java installed. Click this link and look in the box. If you have Java, there should be a red checkmark next to Java, plus the version number. You need at least version 1.5 or higher to use the Java sharing applet. If you do not have Java, or your Java version is lower than 1.5, or your Java version is shown as "unknown," install or upgrade Java by clicking this link, and following the directions there.
Make sure Internet Explorer is set to use Java. Go to Tools->Internet->Options->Advanced.
You may have Java installed, but it may not be detected if it is disabled. Go to Tools->Internet->Options->Security panel. Click the "Custom Level" button. Check under Java VM->Java permissions." Make sure "disable Java" is NOT selected. Select "High safety" if it is.
Turn off pop-up blockers
If you have the necessary version of Java, check that any and all pop-up blockers you may have are turned off- they will prevent the Java sharing applet from downloading.
In Internet Explorer 7, go to Tools->Internet Options->Privacy tab. Halfway down is a checkbox for turning on and off the pop-up blocker. There is also a settings button, and if you click that, you can enter websites you want to allow pop-ups from, and still block pop-ups from other sites.
Remember there could still be pop-up blockers from other sources, such as 3rd party browser toolbars such as Google and Yahoo.
Common Internet Explorer 7 security issue
There is a common security setting issue with Microsoft's Internet Explorer that prohibits the download of the Java sharing applet. This is easily fixed:
- Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools->Internet->Options->Security panel. Click the "Custom Level" button. Check under the "Downloads" section and change "Automatic prompting for file downloads" from disable to enable, and then click OK, and then OK again.
Other Internet Explorer 7 security settings
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 has higher default security settings than the previous version. It may be necessary to tweak your browser's settings to allow the Avacaster Java-based sharing applet to download and run on your computer.
- Tools->Internet Options->Security tab. Select “Internet” at the top, and then click “default level” and lower it to Medium.
- Tools->Internet->Options->Security panel. Click the "Custom Level" button. Check under the "Scripting" section:
- Set "Active scripting" to "enable"
- Set "Scripting of Java applets" to "enable"
- Under Active X controls and plug-ins:
- "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" set to "enable"
- "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" set to "enable"